This is such an exciting time of year for me! This is my third season of having the privilege to lead the Upward basketball ministry. Practices have begun and the first Saturday of games is scheduled to take place on January 25th. As we enter into this season, I would like to share some specific Upward prayer requests with you.
Please pray for the following:
- For salvation for any unsaved players, parents or other family members
- For spiritual growth for players that are already saved
- For strength, passion & health for the coaches and other volunteers
- For player safety
- That players would bond and form great friendships with their teammates
- That players would bond with their coaches
- That parents would be encouraging to players, coaches & referees
- That the Holy Spirit would give clear direction to the halftime speakers
- For the opportunity to invite families without a church home to our church
- That God would be glorified through our efforts
The last Saturday of games is scheduled for March 22nd. Your prayers are appreciated and are vital to the overall success of this program! I’m looking forward to see what God has in store for this season!